Welcome to Episode 26! This week’s conversation is with Jay Harris.
Jay Harris brings nearly 50 years in Christian ministry to his work training, equipping, and developing Christian leaders. He has served since 2008 with Coaching4Clergy (C4C) where he presently serves as a trainer, faculty member, and mentor coach.
Jay is the Director of Church Starting for Tarrant Baptist Association (TBA) in Fort Worth, Texas, a network of nearly 400 Southern Baptist Churches. He has served on the TBA staff since 2000. TBA enjoys a coaching culture where each director is an active certified coach, trainer, and faculty member with C4C. Jay is a Professional Certified Coach (PCC) and a member of the International Coach Federation (ICF).
Jay lives on mission by pouring into marred vessels revealing God’s treasures.
THIS WEEK’S SPONSOR: The Antioch Project
The Antioch Project is a 5 year, ministry leadership training program developed by the 17:6 Network for men and women who feel called to full-time vocational ministry. It provides participants hands on training and leadership skills development in a peer cohort under coaching. Students can also earn a Masters of Divinity degree if they join the Antioch Immerse specialty track.
- The Antioch Project
- The 17:6 Network
- Tarrant Baptist Association
- Episode 2 – My My Story
- Episode 4 – My conversation with Randy Lanthripe
- Church in the Valley
- Episode 9 – My conversation with David Worcester
- Christian Challenge, SDSU
Lighting Round Notes:
- The Me I Want to Be: Becoming God’s Best Version of You by John Ortbert
- “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31 NIV
- Jay’s advice to his 23 year old self:
- Discover who God is creating you to be, don’t try to be someone else.
- Become a student of yourself.
To Connect with Jay:
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to email@example.com
Subscribe and you wont miss it!
Join me next week for Episode 27, a conversation with another ministry leader.