Welcome to Episode 53! This week’s conversation is with David Clark.
David is a staff member with the campus ministry, Christian Challenge, serving the students at California State University Chico.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Christian Challenge CSUC
- The 17:6 Network
- Chico Community Church
- Hope Church
- Episode 2 – Getting to Know Matt Sturdevant
- Episode 7 – A Conversation with Christian Challenge Director, Paul Worcester
- Episode 11 – A Conversation with Associate Pastor, Tim Hearon
- Episode 48 – Another Conversation with Paul Worcester
Lighting Round Notes:
- The Fuel and the Flame: 10 Keys to Ignite your College Campus for Jesus Christ by Steve Shadrach
- Developing the Leaders Around You by John Maxwell
- Everyone Communicates Few Connect by John Maxwell
- Desiring God by John Piper
- “Emotion is no substitute for action. Action is no substitute for production. Production is no substitute for reproduction.” Dawson Trotman
- “For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.” 2 Timothy 1:7 ESV
- “For this light momentary affliction is preparing for us an eternal weight of glory beyond all comparison, as we look not to the things that are seen but to the things that are unseen. For the things that are seen are transient, but the things that are unseen are eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:17-18 ESV
- “After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!” Revelation 7:9-10
- David’s advice to his 23 year old self:
- Ask more questions!
- Learn for the purposes of applyihng, not just looking impressive.
To Connect with David:
- Christian Challenge website: challengecsuc.com
- Instagram: @DavidClarkShark
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to email@example.com
Subscribe and you wont miss it!
Join me next week for Episode 54 for the first installment of Ask the Ministry Mentor!