Welcome to Episode 14! This week’s conversation is with Ben McSpadden.
Ben is the Associate Pastor of Connections & Missions at Hope Church in Fort Worth, TX. He has been on staff at Hope Church since 2008.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Episode Sponsor: The Antioch Project
- The 17:6 Network
- Episode 13 – My Conversation with Thad King
- Hope Church
- NorthStar Training
- Episode 7 – My Conversation with Paul Worcester
- Episode 8 – My Conversation with Elliot Edwards
- Episode 9 – My Conversation with David Worcester
- Comprehensive book list from my podcast guests: https://mattsturdevant.com/resources/mmpbooks/
Comments from Ben:
- One aspect of teachability says, “I’m willing to walk in a different direction than where I was previously aiming.”
- Advice to a college graduate:
- “Don’t chase after a career, but find a church who’s mission you want to support and go support it regardless of how you get a paycheck.”
- Good Mentors: “Men not afraid to share the truth whit me, even if it’s hard, especially when it’s from God’s Word.”
- “I’ve responded to the light God has given me and He has give me more along the way.”
Lighting Round Notes:
- The Church is Bigger than You Think by Patrick Johnstone
- Neighboring Faiths by Winfried Corduan
- “Where there are no oxen, the manger is clean, but abundant crops come by the strength of the ox.” Proverbs 14:4 ESV
- “The Bible teaches you what is REAL, not just TRUE.”
- The Definition of insanity: “Doing the same thing over and over but expecting different results.”
- “The road to hell is paved with good intentions.”
- Ben’s advice to his 23 year old self:
- Commitments will help you grow into maturity, they teach you faithfulness. So commit!
- Don’t shy away from noble things because you fear impure motives.
- Pursuing wisdom is worth it!
To Connect with Ben:
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to email@example.com
Subscribe and you wont miss it!
Next Week: My conversation with Church Planter John Worcester.
Please note: I reserve the right to delete comments that are offensive or off-topic.