Welcome to Episode 43! This week’s episode is a brief clip from a recent talk that one of my mentors gave to a group of men and women who are training for careers in vocational ministry.
In about 10 minutes, Harold Bullock, outlines some crucial categories when evaluating the future.
- Hope Church
- Episode 10 – My conversation with Lindsay Lanthripe
- Top 5 Downloaded Episodes in Alphabetical Order:
- Episode 2 – My Story
- Episode 32 – The Decision Train
Notes from Harold Bullock’s talk:
- Prayers –
- Something you are praying will happen.
- great to set goals and lay out before the Lord things on your heart.
- Possibilities –
- situations that you see that “could be.”
- often we get worked up over possibilities, wrong time to.
- consider, but don’t worry.
- Opportunities –
- Situation opens up that you actually get an offer from someone to do something.
- Characterized by an actually “offer.”
- without an offer, it’s really just a possibility or prayer.
- An offer outside of the will of God for your life is really not an opportunity.
- Decisions –
- After offered a job, you have a decision to make.
- Need to work a good process.
- often people try to make decisions when you only have possibilities.
- The enemy uses this tactic to get us to worry.
- Plans –
- Once a decision is made you make plans.
- Until a decision is made, you don’t need plans.
- People try to make plans from possibilities.
You don’t have plans to make until a decision has been made. You don’t have a decision to make until you have an actual opportunity to evaluate. Until you have a real opportunity, don’t worry, just enjoy the possibilities.
Don’t worry about all that might or could happen.
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to email@example.com
Subscribe and you wont miss it!
Join me next week for Episode 44! Learn about what happened to me 24 years ago on July 10th and the lessons I learned that I take with me today.