Welcome to Episode 39! This week’s episode is a recent message I gave at Hope Church, called Life’s Battlefield.
Throughout the Bible, we see that we are in a fight (Cosmic War – Ephesians 6). We are always facing opposition (Flesh, World, Devil) and if we will battle effectively as God directs, He gives the victory.
THIS WEEK’S SPONSOR: The Antioch Project
The Antioch Project is a 5 year, ministry leadership training program developed by the 17:6 Network for men and women who feel called to full-time vocational ministry. It provides participants hands on training and leadership skills development in a peer cohort under coaching. Students can also earn a Masters of Divinity degree if they join the Antioch Immerse specialty track.
Notes from Life’s Battlefield…
We have to fight in faith to claim the life God promises. (Joshua 6-8; John 10:10)
Lesson for us:
• Rely on yourself, and lose the battle
• Rely on God, carefully follow his ways, and win.
Christ followers have 3 enemies we battle:
1. The World: a system of beliefs and values contrary to God’s values
“…You lived the way the world lives, following the ruler of the evil powers over the earth. That same spirit is now working in those who refuse to obey God. In the past all of us lived like that, trying to please our sinful selves…” Eph 2:2-3 ERV
2. The Flesh: the tendency to sin that remains in us after conversion
“For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.” Romans 8:5 ESV
3. The Devil: Satan and demonic spirits who impact us individually
“Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.” 1 Peter 5:8
“…When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies…” John 8:44 ESV
How to fight against the 3 enemies…
1. Get on board the Battleship.
2. To deal with the world – Let God’s word transform your views and values. (Romans 12:1-2; 2 Corinthians 10:5)
3. To deal with the flesh – Walk in the Spirit. (Galatians 5:16-25)
4. To deal with the Devil – Submit to God and use the Spiritual Armor. (James 4:7; Ephesians 6:10-18)
To advance in the battle you must identify the attack you are facing and fight with God’s resources:
-The World: we get into the Bible and let it change our thinking
-The Flesh: to win against the flesh, we have to keep saying no to
our old ways and strategies and surrender to God’s Spirit to lead us
-The Devil: we submit to God’s leadership, resist the devil, and use
the armor God has given us
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to email@example.com
Subscribe and you wont miss it!
Join me next week for Episode 40! Stephen Daniel, my guest in Episode 23 is back to tell us about a major change he has made in life and share lessons and insights with us.