Welcome to Episode 18! This week’s conversation is with Gary Hamilton.
Gary is the Founding & Senior Pastor of Chico Community Church in Chico, CA. He and his wife started CCC over 25 years ago.
- Chico Community Church
- NorthStar Training Program
- Episode 4 – My Conversation with Randy Lanthripe
- The 17:6 Network
- Hope Church
- Episode 15 – My Conversation with John Worcester
- Comprehensive book list from my podcast guests: http://mattsturdevant.com/resources/mmpbooks/
Lighting Round Notes:
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- The Purpose Driven Church by Rick Warren
- Ignite: How to Spark Immediate Growth in Your Church by Nelson Searcy
- Sharper Strokes by Harold Bullock
- “Be strong and courageous, for you shall cause this people to inherit the land that I swore to their fathers to give them. 7 Only be strong and very courageous, being careful to do according to all the law that Moses my servant commanded you. Do not turn from it to the right hand or to the left, that you may have good success[a] wherever you go. 8 This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, so that you may be careful to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success. 9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:6-9 ESV
- “It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.” Theodore Roosevelt, 1910
To Connect with Gary:
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to email@example.com
Subscribe and you wont miss it!