Welcome to Episode 31! This week’s conversation is with Jon McWhorter.
Jon is an Associate Pastor at Orangecrest Community Church in Riverside, CA. He has been on staff at OCC since February 2016 and brings a fresh perspective as someone who has recently made the transition from business in to full-time vocational ministry.
THIS WEEK’S SPONSOR: The Antioch Project
The Antioch Project is a 5 year, ministry leadership training program developed by the 17:6 Network for men and women who feel called to full-time vocational ministry. It provides participants hands on training and leadership skills development in a peer cohort under coaching. Students can also earn a Masters of Divinity degree if they join the Antioch Immerse specialty track.
- The Antioch Project
- The 17:6 Network
- Episode 6 – My Conversatin with Josh De La Rosa
- Orangecrest Community Church
Jon’s Confirmation Process:
- What has God done up to this point? Look at the road behind me.
- Ask People for input
- Go to the Scriptures to see what God’s word says.
Lighting Round Notes:
- This Momentary Marriage: A Parable of Permanence by John Pipper
- Instruments in the Redeemer’s Hands: People in Need of Change Helping People in Need of Change by Paul David Tripp
- “The Leader is the Template.”
- “It’s hard to kill a kid.”
- “The righteous choose their friends carefully, but the way of the wicked leads them astray.” Proverbs 12:26 NIV
- “Walk with the wise and become wise, for a companion of fools suffers harm.” Proverbs 13:20
- Jon’s advice to his 23 year old self:
- There is a difference between something that is true and something that is real in your life.
- Take time and really think through things.
To Connect with Jon:
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe and you wont miss it!
Join me next week for Episode 32, where I share a recent message I gave at Hope Church in Fort Worth, TX on how to make wise decisions.