Welcome to my site and very first post.
With this first post, I’d like to share two things with you…
- A little about me.
- Why I’ve created the site and what I hope to accomplish with it.
A Little About Me…
I’ve created a pretty extensive About page where you can read more about who I am, my experience, my story, and my family, but here is a brief overview:
- I am…
- a follower of Jesus Christ (since 1983)
- a husband (since 2002)
- a new dad to a baby girl (since January 2016)
- an Executive Pastor (began vocational ministry in 2006)
- a speaker
- an aspiring writer, blogger and podcaster
- passionate about helping leaders in ministry increase their personal leadership capacity as well as organize & develop their ministries for maximum impact.
- In other words, I want to help leaders become ALL God wants them to be so they can accomplish ALL that He wants to accomplish through their lives.
Why I’ve created the site and what I hope to accomplish with it.…
Creating a site like this is actually something I’ve been thinking about for a while, however, the culmination of several significant events has led to the transition of an idea from thought to action. The end of 2015 and beginning of 2016 was the converging point of:
- My annual, personal year-end review of life, goals, accomplishments and answered prayers.
- The continued journey through an extended time of stretching and growing.
- The birth of my daughter after desiring and praying for children for 8 years.
- The realization that I’m less than three years from turning 40.
- My 10 year anniversary of being called from business into career ministry.
After an extended time of reflection on the challenges, blessings and opportunities that the Lord has allowed me to walk through over the last several years, I have a deep sense of gratitude for all that I have learned and the person I’m becoming. I by no means have “arrived” but I have come to realize through reflection: where I am on my journey, and how far I have come from where I started. I know that tougher, more difficult roads lie ahead of me, but my desire is to be a help to as many people as I can with what I’ve learned this far in the journey.
It is out of a deep sense of gratitude to the leaders and mentors who have poured their lives into mine and a growing sense of responsibility to raise up and train the next generation of leaders that I’m embarking on this new adventure with mattsturdevant.com.
This site will serve as my home base to share the insights that I’ve learned in my over 30 years of walking with Jesus Christ and over 10 years in career ministry. I’ll be primarily sharing insights on…
- Personally walking with Jesus Christ,
- Ministry and
I’m also excited about a podcast I’m starting called The Ministry Mentor. This will be a weekly podcast for those in their 20s focused on how to help you effectively use your 20s to train for the journey ahead in life and ministry so you can make the maximum impact with your life.
I want to invite you to join me on this new journey by subscribing to my updates to stay informed when new articles are posted.
My desire with the content I share is to help current and future leaders take their next step to achieve maximum impact with their lives.