Welcome to Episode 30! This week’s conversation is with Anja Geilert.
Anja is the founder and director of Connexxion Bonn, a ministry to university students in Bonn, Germany. Anja grew up in East Germany and didn’t hear the gospel until she was 20 years old, but after becoming a follower of Christ, she knew that there were more people in her circles of influence who needed to hear the good news.
THIS WEEK’S SPONSOR: The Antioch Project
The Antioch Project is a 5 year, ministry leadership training program developed by the 17:6 Network for men and women who feel called to full-time vocational ministry. It provides participants hands on training and leadership skills development in a peer cohort under coaching. Students can also earn a Masters of Divinity degree if they join the Antioch Immerse specialty track.
- The Antioch Project
- The 17:6 Network
- Episode 2 – My Story
- Hope Church
- Connexxion Campus Ministry
- Connexxion Boundless
- Book List
Lighting Round Notes:
- In the Name of Jesus by Henri J.M. Nouwen
- The Lost Art of Disciple Making by LeRoy Eims
- Calm My Anxious Heart: A Woman’s Guide to Finding Contentment by Linda Dillow
- “People do what makes sense to them.” Harold Bullock
- “Teach me your way, Lord, that I may rely on your faithfulness; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.” Psalm 86:11 NIV
- Anja’s advice to her 23 year old self:
- It’s ok that I’m not “there” yet.
- It’s ok that I’m in the process of growing and can take steps toward growth.
- Take off the mask and be real.
- Work on the basics.
To Connect with Anja:
Do you have a question you’d like me to ask a ministry leader in a future conversation or a question you would like to ask me? Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscribe and you wont miss it!
Join me next week for Episode 31, a conversation with Jon McWhorter, an Associate Pastor serving in Riverside, CA who made the transition from business to ministry in February 2016.